Connected Togetherness. Millennials are driving the evolution of the hospitality market. And what do they want most? Connectivity! But we’re not just talking about internet service in the guest room- that’s a given. They also want to stay connected in spaces througho read more
Thanks to Listen Technologies, You Don’t Have To…
Have you ever tried to keep up with a conversation or presenter whose voice (or audio) kept phasing in and out? Or worse, have you been tortured by having to sit through a full-day class or maybe stuck in a waiting room outfitted with televisions where you were constantly straining just to HEAR the message? I’m sure it’s happened to all of us, right?
Chances are you became frustrated or annoyed to the point you simply ‘checked-out’ and totally disregarded the topic because it required too much effort to try and keep up when you couldn’t hear the whole message. If so, you know how exhausting it can be to sit through a meeting, live performance, or training class when you can’t hear clearly, whether it’s a result of poor audio, high ambient noise levels like air conditioning or paper shuffling or even just highly reverberant room acoustics (like bars/restaurants, auditoriums or even houses of worship). Now just imagine how challenging those same environments could be for someone with hearing loss… which is estimated to be 17% of the US population or 1 in every 5 people according to recent studies.
To put things into perspective, here’s a visual example to help show what hearing loss looks like compared to what someone with perfect hearing would experience in the same environment.
Thankfully, Listen Technologies has FOUR key technologies with a variety of solutions that overcome the challenges of noise, distance, clashing conversations, and hearing loss to deliver precise and personalized audio in any setting or environment. Let’s review:
- ListenRF– using radio frequency, RF solutions are the most common technology deployed for assistive listening systems. For example, in a large house of worship with multiple spoken word, choir and even live from the band, you have combined challenges of different levels of audio in addition to the unique architectural elements that make acoustics a challenge to say the least- but radio frequency helps to pick-up the signals and deliver it far and wide for maximum coverage to help parishioners hear the message and facilitate audience engagement for participation.
- ListenIR– On the opposite end of the spectrum is IR or infrared technology. Based on line of sight, it provides a more secure level of audio transmission compared to RF technology and is often used in applications such as court-rooms, corporate board rooms, and even healthcare, education, military and government spaces where high security or privacy is required.
- Listen’s new iDSP or intelligent digital signal processing solution, includes pieces like the LR-4200-IR, a high performance IR receiver with extreme sensitivity providing the best pickup and range of any device of its kind making it easy for the end user to wear and operate and easier for the venues to dispense, store and maintain.
- ListenPoint provides students with clear, precise amplification that focuses their attention on what matters most, education. Specifically in classrooms, this technology is sometimes referred to as voice/sound lift and it’s actually a requirement of some states because studies have shown learning to be enhanced by these systems. After all, students can’t learn what they can’t hear.
- ListenLoop– incorporates a closed-loop, copper coil hearing loop within the architecture/construction materials (typically in the floor for example) which makes it possible to extend assistive listening to anyone with a t-coil enabled hearing aid or cochlear implant. That means visitors or patrons can listen to the audio signal discretely through their own hearing aid—without any additional receivers or equipment. High quality receivers can also be added to allow those who do not use hearing aids to listen to the audio that is being produced by the ListenLoop system.
- ListenWiFi– the ultimate in “personal listening” we can all use, millennials included! Everyone’s asked for BYOD, and Listen has LISTENED. ListenWiFi systems broadcast audio from multiple televisions or other audio sources using digital WiFi transmission. The sound is delivered to any WiFi enabled device with audio streaming capability like a smartphone or tablet using the free ListenWiFi app. Say some of your best clients are sports bars/restaurants with multiple TVs streaming all kinds of content/different games, news stations, and more, this solution allows you to “tune-in” to the specific TV (channel) using a simple free app and use your own (or provided ear buds), iPhone or Android device to listen to the associated TV.
“With Listen’s Wi-Fi Personal Listening system, we were able to offer our members the ability to listen to any of our TV’s anywhere in our club using their own iPhone or Android device.”
Scott Felsted, CEO, Gold’s Gym
We know how powerful case studies can be and we’re sharing a few here, but what really helps showcase the simplicity and almost second-nature assistive listening systems provide, is to catch up with your Almo rep today to have a complimentary demo system shipped to you for an upcoming customer meeting and see how Listen’s solutions can help you “tell the story” about engaging audiences, creating memorable experiences and result in long-term sales growth for your customer, and ensuring more productive meetings- all without having to lip-read!